Sunday, January 28, 2007

What a Crazy Life!!


I cannot believe it has been this long since I've posted to my blog!! Life definitely is getting in the way. It's not that I haven't been busy making cards, I've been making extras to send to my Divine Secret Sibling! I can't have her find out who I am too early!!!
This card is for the February Demo Planner Challenge found on the demo side of SCS. I liked this layout and color combination best for a sympathy card. I do hope to play with the other two color combos though!
The flowers and verse come from the set Close as a Memory. I colored the flowers with Pale Plum marker then hit the edges with the Elegant Eggplant marker. Old Olive was used for the stems. The verse is stamped in Black stazon on a top panel of vellum. Of course I sponged around the flowers and overstamped with Linen in creamy caramel - no card would be complete without a little sponging!! Paisley background in old olive finished up the stamping. Minimal embellishments I felt were needed.
Stay healthy everyone. I've been down and out with a bad cold and now my DS is coming down with one. I'm hoping he feels better in the morning so he can go to school. Actually so does he because tomorrow is gym, his favorite.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Very pretty card, Linda! The flowers are so soft looking with the vellum over the top! Perfect sympathy card!

Lauren said...

What an awesome card! I love that background - so versatile.