Sunday, March 30, 2008

Swap Angel



I enjoy the Different Kind Of Swap (DKOS) I've been involved with on SCS. Stamp sets or companies are suggested along with a recipe that gives specifics such a colors and embellishments that should appear on your cards. After that, the creativity is up to you. It's truly amazing what everyone comes up with when we all start out with the same initial ingredients.

I offered to be an angel for the "Always" group and here is my card. We needed to use Ruby red, Certainly celery, So saffron and/or Soft sky. Something had to be popped up along with a staple. I love the bird from this set so I decided to use the Rock & Roll technique as well as sponging around the edges. Print Pattern was used on half of the first layer to add some visual interest. The staples are at the top and bottom of the ribbon and the two circles are popped up on the scallop circle. I stamped on So saffron DSP using ruby red...seem to forget about doing that.

The next two weeks are going to be very hectic at work. I am a karate instructor (taekwondo) and we have our belt advancements coming up which is always a stressful time. I am also getting prepared to perform in front of my peers on my quest to test for my 4th degree black belt in February 2009. Sounds so far away but it will be here in no time. Now if I could just kick this cold I'd be off and running instead of just dragging my feet!!

2 comments:

Viv said...

Very pretty card! Love it!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card! I love your new header too! The fish are totally cool!