Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Cards To Show

Last week work was so very, very busy!!! It was our belt rank advancement at karate and I get very stressed by it all. I'm what's called the floor conductor, organizing each testing, calling the students up to perform their required material so they can advance to the next belt. Lots to do and lots of stress to see that it all runs smoothly. Then I had to find time to get ready for my stamp camp of 19 ladies!! Great sales came from stamp camp, which is always good for me!!!!!


Now on to a sad note, my 12 year old black cat Fred was diagnosed today with cancer. I am so sad that I broke down and cried while trying to pay for the vet's appointment. I was fine with everything she told me because my dear sweet companion has been losing weight and just recently stopped eating all together, until she said that when things worsen I'll need to bring him back to say good-bye --- that's when I started tearing up and the secretary immediately handed me some tissues. I handed her my credit card and went for a walk, with purse wide open on the counter! I think she realized the vet handled that rather poorly, and gave me the time and space I needed. I'm actually crying right now as I type this! We will continue to love Fred and make him comfortable for whatever time he still has with us. I never had a cat growing up, my Mother "hated" them (you should see how much she adores Fred though!). He is such a lover of human contact, always greets me at the door when I come home, and even comes running whenever I call for him. I will keep you all posted and appreciate all cyber hugs sent my way, because I really need them right now!!!! Stamping will be the much needed therapy that always seems to help.

4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Linda I am so sorry. I love cats and I understand how you feel. THis is not easy and that secretary at the vet was very sweet. BIG HUGS.... I will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie, I feel so bad for you! I wish I were closer and I could give you a big hug! I know how much a pet can fill a family with love! When I've had to put my babies down, I stay and hold them the entire time and you can't believe how much that helps. At least it helped me feel better and I had them cremated, so they are still with me. It sounds morbid but it was good for me. Love him as long as you can!!

Anonymous said...

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Fred. Your cats are so wonderful. I've been there so I know exactly how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now.
Joyce Goettler

Jacquel said...

Linda,
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! You'll be in my thoughts & prayers Sweetie!! {{{HUGS}}}