Friday, August 28, 2009

Romans 8

This is my second sneak peek for you today, a single stamp of the Bible verse Romans 8 from Clear Dollar Stamps. We are presented each month with challenges and I was inspired by the leather embellishments on a purse, reminded me of a cross. I used the wide chocolate chip satin ribbon to re-create it. Colors on this card include tangerine tango, crushed curry (I LOVE this color!), very vanilla, and Basic Grey's Stella Ruby DSP collection. I ran the DSP thru my Cuttlebug to emboss it with Swiss Dots then layered it up to the curry and ran it thru my sewing machine in a rather haphazard, but fun, way!! The ribbon cross was then created and the verse popped up over it. Several buttons adorned with linen thread were added for that final touch.




A very simple card for my second sample using Romans 8. The colors include old olive, chocolate chip, very vanilla and another sheet of the Stella Ruby DSP by Basic Grey. This card actually fits one of the color challenges the Design Team was presented with - green and brown. I stamped the verse a second time on olive paper then cut snippets out and popped them up over the original. Such a fun effect. I used my nesties to cut out the long rectangular verse as well as the scallop layer underneath. There is a swirl of rhinestones on the bottom right corner, might be hard to see so click on the pic to enlarge. The ribbon is from my friend Peggy - thanks girlfriend! Check out the other DT Members' blogs for more samples of this wonderful stamp: Angela, Cassie, Stacy, and Candy.
Remember, this stamp will be available September 1st. Check out Laurie's blog for other sets being released next month.

4 comments:

Candy F. said...

Wow -- love how you created a ribbon cross for the Romans design!

Kevin Renz said...

Both are great cards, but love your ribbon treatment... so smart of you :)

Cassie said...

Great samples, Linda ;D I have to agree with Candy, that ribbon cross is fab ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful, very cool ribbon cross on your first one!