Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tea-rrific Sneak Peek

I know I'm late posting, work has a way of interfering with stamping!!! Today is day 2 of the Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peeks. This fabulous set is by our Design Team Leader Laurie Wilson and is called Tea-rrific. I love it!!! I am a big tea drinker myself, hot or cold, all year long, which is why the sentiment on this card "Iced or Hot, Tea Hits the Spot" is so true! This card I stamped the teapot and cup and used my Copic markers with it. I used the tea bag stamp out of the set, using a marker to highlight only the string and tag on the end so I could give you the impression the tea bag was in the cup. Some sewing and lots of dimensionals have become my favorite things to do on my cards! I added "just a few(!)" rhinestones for that added sparkle. The ribbon is from the Clear Dollar Stamps store. Colors include Bravo burgundy, So saffron, Kiwi kiss, Regal rose, and DSP (Delicate Dots and Bella Rose).

















I found this gift set on someone's blog, wish I had written down who's, because I love it and plan on making more. Slide the ribbon down to open up the flap and the box will lay flat, showing the four cards and envelopes that fit nicely inside. I decided to go very simple with the cards, using the same nestie shape but a different image and sentiment from the Tea-rrific set. The DSP is SU's Ski Slope and colors include Chocolate chip, Real red, Old olive, and Baja breeze. You can see how I maintained the same layouts but changed up the embellishments. I see Christmas or teacher gift out of this. Now other ladies are also previewing this set, please go check 'em out: Angela, Trudy, Katie, Tricia, Cassie, Stacy, Candy, and Laurie.



3 comments:

Shawne said...

I love the yellow and really really love the gift set in the rich colors!

Kim said...

I absolutely adore this set, amazing work!

Laurie Wilson said...

What a fantastic set of cards and holder! The coloring is amazing and the colors you chose are so sweet! I just love this little project!