Monday, September 14, 2009

Hope Happens

I got to play the Featured Stamper challenge yesterday, casing this card of Steubner's...check out the rest of Shannan's gallery here. I changed the size of the card, making it an A2 card. I used Bella Blossoms because I bought this set and about a month later the retired list came out, and it was on it!! How disappointing!! So I try to use it often because I really like it. I changed the colors too from Shannan's card, using Kraft, White, Bermuda bay and Black. I loved the ribbon, especially the detail with the button so I wanted to be sure and keep that feature (I used Kraft taffeta). The sentiment if from the SU set Hope Happens and it's popped up with dimensionals. Instead of sewing (GASP!!), I pulled out an older background stamp, Wild Hearts. This would be a SU only card except for the button -- I pulled it out of a stash I had given to me by my DH's grandmother who would cut off buttons from garments when discarding them. There are some really cool buttons in that jar!!

4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty with the blue, and great flower.

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my, this is sooo pretty, Linda!!!! I just love that flower image and the colors are beautiful!!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Hey Linda... love your color choice... that flower is gorgeous too.

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful CASE! Love this sketch with the A2 size. Beautiful color choices, too.