Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Winged Whispers Sneak Peek

For all you bird lovers out there, this is a must have set that is being released Oct. 1st at Clear Dollar Stamps. The set was designed by the very talented Kim Teasdale. To see what all is included in this set, check it out on Lori's blog. I've been experimenting with different coloring mediums - this card I black embossed the bird on watercolor paper from SU then watercolored with their markers (melon mambo, dusty durango, soft suede, rich razzleberry and black). Now I know cardinals are red, but color is a big thing for me so why not a pink one instead!!! I love the DSP by Basic Grey, Urban Prarie, which tied in really well with my color scheme. Some sewing, a few pearls, and some yummy rose ribbon and this turned out to be my favorite of the sneak peek cards.



Now this card I watercolored with the Tombow markers, and boy are they nice!!! One of the fun things you can do with clear stamps is "bend" them to fit your needs. That's what I did with the sentiment here. I curved it on my acrylic block to fit around the bird -- so fun!!! This card measures 5" square and makes use of, you guessed it, more of my scraps!! The flower is by Fiskars and found buried in the depths of my stamping room -- if I dig further, I wonder what other goodies I will find!!!!! LOL!!!
You need to stop by other blogs today for those previewing this beautiful set...you'll be glad you did: Kim, Katie, Tricia, Nancy, Sarah, Candy, and Laurie.

6 comments:

Tricia T said...

Just lovely cards!!! I love the pink cardinal and isn't it fun to use up scraps? I really, really need to work on that!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Lidna both of these are cute and sweet. I like the pink one the most I think though. Your second one is very vibrant and springy though. Now I am torn... I like them both the same. LOL

Candy F. said...

Love both of the cards and the way you colored them. The pink bird is stunning.

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Your coloring on both cards is FABULOUS, Linda....such great layouts and colors, too!!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Linda, your cards are beautiful! Love the pink in the cardnial and the yellow on the bird! Very very pretty!!

Candy F. said...

Wow -- I love the pink bird. The card is really striking.