Monday, March 29, 2010

I've Got Three Sneaks For You!!

These first two cards are from a set being released from Clear Dollar Stamps on April 1st called Bless my Bloomers. I simply couldn't resist the title, so wait until you see what all is in the set!!! And you can by going over to Lori's blog. For this card I used the terracotta pot and added the flowers inside. I felt in a rather springy mood at the time so went with some fun colors (rose, turquoise and celery). Simple yet fun!

Isn't it funny what ideas pop in your head the moment you see a stamp set. I knew immediately I wanted to use the watering can and have it overflowing with primas. The fact that I had the jar of primas on my desk (never put away from a long ago project!!) simply helped my decision, especially on what colors to use...light purples, pinks and greens it is. I added a dot of liquid pearls to the center of the flowers too. Other DT members previewing this set have some wonderful samples so check 'em out:


Don't you just love bunnies? Check out this one called Butterfly Bunny. I went back to my childhood with this one...I used to sleep with a pink bunny with a yellow tail. Talk about a faithful companion! I'll never forget coming home one evening after visiting my Grandparents and finding that our dog got my bunny and ripped it to pieces - stuffing was everywhere!! I cried for days! Thank goodness for Mom because she put my bunny back together again and I was a happy little girl. Funny the memories we keep as children. So as a dedication to my bunny, I embosses this butterfly bunny on watercolor paper and watercolored with Tombow markers. I found the paper in my stash and drew inspiration from the colors in it - Bermuda bay and Regal rose. The sentiment is a single stamp found HERE. More fabulous samples for this adorable bunny can be found here:
Every month Lori comes out with a beautiful verse, and this month will be no exception. Proverbs 3:5-6 is a set of 2 stamps for $3.99. What a great value for such a lovely verse. I wanted to keep the card simple to let the verse shine thru. Thanks for stopping by, now you really must check out these DT members who are also previewing this set:

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, Linda, you've been busy! All of your sneaks are fabulous! I loved reading the story of your little bunny and how this card came to be ;D

Unknown said...

Hi Linda!
I love all of your samples!
Sad story about your bunny but I guess it ended well. :)
Hugs,
True :D

Stacy Morgan said...

Linda these are just wonderful! Your springy colors and fun layout on the flower pot is darling. The watering can with the flowers is creative, never thought to do that. Might have to give it a try. Your bunny in pink is totally CUTE and great papers with that one. Beautiful and rich scripture card! All fabulous cards girlie!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very pretty cards! Your coloring is awesome!
:-)

Linda Borneman said...

Finally...Blogger straightened out! LOL

Linda, your sneaks this week are absolutely A-MAZING! I love your "Bless My Bloomers" card...it's gorgeous paper, great layout, and cool idea to place pretty primas in the watering can. I love that idea! Great card...

And your sweet, sweet Bunny card. I almost cried reading about your childhood bunny story! Your papers are beautiful (as usual!), and your super watercoloring of Bunny pays a fine homage to your childhood pal. Very sweet card. Love it!

And lookie at that great Proverbs card! So, so elegant and it frames the scripture perfectly. Just beautiful!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Linda your creations are lovely. Just lovely. I love the paper flowers in the watercan and love how you colored Trudy's bunny and paired it with that beautiful paper. I love your layouts.

Rebecca Ednie said...

great flowers added to the watering can! The embossed circle on the other flower one is so pretty!