Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yummy Strawberries!

Welcome to another Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Isn't this a fantastic sketch by Arlana, our fearless leader?! I have so much fun with this group, I can't even begin to tell you. Join us and you can have some fun too!
The fun comes from the fabulous prize that our most wonderful sponsor, Digi Doodle Shop, is offering...a $10 gift certificate!!!! And the whole store is up to 50% off the entire month of July, so what are you waiting for, head on over and fill up your cart!!!




Who doesn't love fresh strawberries that this time of year brings. I could almost taste them when I saw this image. I printed this digi onto watercolor paper then used my Tombow markers and blender pen. This is now one of my top favorite ways of coloring! I even added a little Crystal Effects onto the strawberries to give them a little extra shine. This fun strawberry DSP was found in my stash - I really should inventory my stash to know what I have in there!!! Colors include Melon mambo, Regal rose (I love this combo!), Garden green and White. I used this gold ribbon to bring out the little bit of yellow I added to the strawberry blossoms. Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure and stop by the rest of the teams' blogs because they will blow you away with their talent and creations. Stay cool!


14 comments:

mulberry station said...

Linda, your card is gorgeous this week. I always love to see what you have created! Beautiful work!

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Linda....your coloring on those yummy looking strawberries is gorgeous and I love all the layers, colors, and sewing!!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Good morning Linda! This is a tasty card. Love your image - beautifully colored as always. Just a pretty, fresh, Summery card!!

Deanne :)

Genevieve said...

Hi Linda! Stunning card, amazing job on coloring the strawberries, just fab!!

Have a good week
Genevieve

Simple and Sweet said...

Linda, your card is so pretty! I love the image and the soft colors you used for it. It really turned out perfect! The yellow ribbon adds a really nice contrast to the pinks.
Erika

sweetbloominscraps said...

Linda, This is such a lovely card! I love how your colored your strawberries and how you used the crystal effects too. The scalloped borders adds such a soft touch along with your beautiful ribbon! Makes me want to go eat some strawberries...yum yum!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job this week with all of the blending and colors! That ribbon really does set it all off!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Linda your card is gorgeous!!! Those strawberries are just so yummy looking. Beautiful coloring, papers all the details are wonderful.

Melissa Craig said...

This is gorgeous Linda. Those strawberries look so yummy and the paper is perfect. Great job!!

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathie said...

Linda, I just love your card as I adore Strawberries. I even have a Strawberry on my charm bracelet one of my favourite fruits in the summer. I liked this image as well but I'm glad that you used it as you had that wonderful paper to go with it. I have one digi paper with strawberries on but not the colours I would use. It's a really pretty card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Linda this is FABULOUS! Oh I think one of my fav cards you have made. Beautiful beautiful!

JR Creations said...

Wow Linda this is stunning, i've a crafty friend who swears by Tombow's and is trying hard to get me to get them, i'm a big promarker fan and would like copics so who knows maybe three sets of markers are required. ;-D

Stacy said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS! THis is my favorite card this week! Very creative and beautifully made!