Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shamrock Bear

It's Wednesday, and time for another Sweet Sketch!!!! Yes, Arlana is amazing, always challenging all of us with her fabulous and fun sketches. And you'll love this one!!!

We have a wonderful sponsor this week too, Meljen's Designs. And what is the awesome prize you ask...why it's 4 digis of your choice if you are the grand prize winner!!! Wow, thanks Melissa.
Meljen's Designs is a lovely stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical digital images inspired by her kids and family. The Meljen's Designs store officially launched on April 1 and is steadily growing! Meljen's Designs has new releases along with a new challenge every Thursday, freebies every Monday and a Guest Designer each month at the Meljen's Designs Blog. Please visit the Meljen's Designs line of stamps at the WHIMSY STAMPS STORE to browse and enjoy Melissa's wonderful images!

Now check out Shamrock Bear. Is he not the cutest?! I total love him!!! I had so much fun coloring him in with my copic markers. I got a little over zealous with the blender pen and the brown, causing it to run out of the lines under his chin. When it happened I was too tired to start all over again so I overlooked it! See there, I can suppress my Type A personality and need for perfection!!! Now be sure and head over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog. Be sure and comment to be in the running for the prize and well as check out the rest of the DT's creations. And while you're at it, leave them some lovin' too!!!!


13 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I leave my blender pen alone - me and it don't get along at all LOL! Another GORGEOUS creation - I just love the layers and stitching.

Deanne :)

Cassie said...

Oh so cute, Linda, and that paper works fabulously for this :D

Genevieve said...

Oh my goodness Linda, this is adorable, beautiful papers & I'm still drooling over your colouring, fab! Hope you have a great week :)

Tc
Genevieve.

mulberry station said...

Wow Linda, you have been one busy bee. All of your cards are fantastic. I have to say I love that heart embossing folder. I have used it a lot lately.
You SSW card is super cute. Great job on the coloring. I love the stiiching. I am going to have to do that sometime. Just hate changing thread. Fabulous job!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I looked at the two other posts as I am stopping by from SSW, and all your cards are great, so pretty.

Jeannie said...

I love all of the fun papers your used for your shamrock bear and the wonderful flower! Looks like everybody is sprucing up their blog, and I like yours as well!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

This is total perfection Linda! Your coloring of that cute lucky bear is fantastic. Everything is fantastic actually - papers, colors, embellishments and stitching - all add up to a phenomenal card.
Hugs,
Sharon

Kathie said...

Hi Linda your card is just so so awesome, I love the colours used and that really cute image I was going to use it seeing DH is Irish but I loved the frog as well. Your flower embellishments are breath taking I just keep on looking at your card. Great job.
Hugs
Kathie

sweetbloominscraps said...

Linda, I really had a hard time choosing my image for this week! I just fell in love with this Shamrock bear and I love how you and the other DT made him come alive. You colored him so perfectly. And your paper is way too yummy! The little bit of glitter on the pot of gold is stunning! What a fun flower too! I am always amazed when you and Arlana add your stitching!

Arlana 11426 said...

Hello Linda, It was so fun to see that you used the shamrock bear. I wanted to do that one too. I so loved how you colored him up and your papers are just so perfectly matched. Love that sewing too. Have a sweet day!!!

melody said...

what a darlin card and take on the sketch this week ~ lovin the shading on your image! awesome work chickie

Stacy Morgan said...

So so cute! Your coloring rocks on this bear Linda....

Barb said...

Aw love it!