Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome to another challenge at Paper Lovin' Gals. What inspiration do you get from this photo? I saw lots of white and simplicity. Both are such a challenge for me when it comes to card making because I love layers and colors.
Here's what I came up with - white on white with a pop of one other color (I don't count black as my color, only the red!). Clean and simple, again, something I am striving for because this card literally took me 10 minutes to create. And if I didn't have to go in search of my heart punch and a little black button, I would have had it done sooner!!! I used a set from PaperTrey Ink called Heart Prints. We at Paper Lovin' Gals look forward to seeing your creations.

5 comments:

Monique said...

I too struggle with simplicity, and mostly white cards! I think you have done a great job on this one, the red on the white really makes it pop.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Looks like we were thinking along similar lines. CAS is really hard for me, it looks great but something in me just wants to keep adding stuff!

I like your white on white, you have added lots of detail and texture.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Michele K. said...

KISS is right... your card is perfecto, Linda! I struggle with simplicity as well... too many embellies to choose from. LOVE IT! :)

Michele said...

I just love this! As I love Kasey's card too. Great minds think alike!! Your white on white with the POP of red is PERFECT!! And 10 minutes?? Ahhh... I need to try that. :-) Wonderful card Linda!!!

Wendy said...

I love all the layers! And the embossing so very nice! It really makes white on white work!