Thursday, November 8, 2012

Merry Tree

I turned the computer off too early last night, forgot to post this for today!! I enjoy watching the videos Gina K puts together on StampTV. I took some time yesterday to check out the challenges they also post there. Don't ask me why I haven't played in their challenges before, I mean, it's not like I don't have any Gina K stamps!!!! This week's Mix it up Monday challenge is all about trees - perfect for the holiday season. I pulled out this stamp duo set called Merry Tree. Super cute and fun to create with. I decided to switch things up a little bit from my usual and instead of cutting the circle out of the dsp, I cut it out of the embossed layer and placed it on top of a strip of scrap dsp!! Yes, I thought outside of my proverbial box! Have a wonderful Thursday.

2 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific card Linda, quite beautiful with the embossed white background and the simple but lovely green tree in the oval frame. Love it!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Some how I have missed a lot of your postings. This card is fabulous. It's sorta modern/ retro. The sketch is awesome. Love the whole composition...guess you were definitely outside the box.