Thursday, January 24, 2013

Monochromatic Green

Stars and Stamps, the challenge blog for Operation Write Home, has started a new segment on Mondays called Design Boot Camp. This week is all about the ABC's of color. For my homework assignment, I chose the monochromatic color scheme - using variations (tint, tone, and shades) of a single hue. I went with two greens (fresh asparagus and green apple from Gina K Designs) plus vanilla as my neutral. I also decided to case the idea I've seen on various blogs using both the die cut as well as the negative layer. Fresh asparagus ink was sponged on the leaf while it was still in the die then popped up. Some linen thread and a sentiment and another card is born!!! I am slowly filling up my box bound for Operation Write Home!!  

6 comments:

Paula S. said...

This is beautiful! I particularly like how the die cut in the background creates a 'shadow' effect for the cut out one. The green monochromatic color scheme is a perfect choice and really gives it an elegant feel. Thanks for playing in this month's Bootcamp!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Gorgeous! Clean and simple rules! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, love the foliage and the simplicity of the card, wow!

Becca-expressions said...

Just. Plain. WOW!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is beautiful!!! Ok... I said I was not going to case again real soon, but I have to do this.....it's stunning!!! Love love love! Can you tell I like it?

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Forgot to ask ...which did and by who did you use?