Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sweet Huge Hugs

Good morning and welcome to another installment for our fabulous Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Yes, I know I'm very late posting. Yesterday was "one of those days," they even got my drink order wrong at Starbucks! It's a day I definitely don't want to repeat ever again, but because I came home late from work and promptly fell asleep on the couch, now I have to play catch up. Here's our wonderful sketch for this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Sure hope you can play along.

Our sponsor this week is Saturated Canary. 2 free digis from Krista's shop are up for grabs for our winner.

 My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)

 Here's my card, using the sweet image Jelly Bug. I just thought she was adorable, and I love that smiley jelly fish. I'm getting so into using my linen thread and adding a bow held together with a button...couldn't be because the spools are sitting right on my desk could it?!! Anyway, I sure hope you can join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  



7 comments:

Joanna M. said...

I loved the twine on this card! Really pretty, and then that image is stinkin' cute! Nice one!

Sally Dube said...

Linda, this is so stinkin' cute!! Love the image, think I might need to get this one =)
Blessings to you!!
Sally

mulberry station said...

I have had two of those days. LOL Monday and Tuesday I promptly locked my keys in my office. And had to wait for our maintence guy to open it up for me...go figure, I don't know how you do exactly the same thing two days in a row. And of course both days were really busy. Anyway, I adore your card this week. It is sooo cute. I can't wait to see your card for saturday on Bugaboo. I am so excited to have you join us this month and hopefully longer.
Hugs, Nancy

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh isn't this a delight, beautiful design and colouring and I love your twine ribbon and button bow; keep making them they are wonderful!
hugs
Glenda

Jeannie said...

Oh this is so gosh darn cute! I love the papers you've used and your linen thread is perfect. I'm obsessed with my burlap string lately too, if you haven't noticed...and it seems to just go with everything! Awesome card!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Heide said...

Love looking at all you card, your blog gives me such inspiration.
Such a cute card this week. Love the fun papers and the great twine bow.
Hugs, Heide

Arlana 11426 said...

Beautiful done as always! Love the sweet colors and image! Hugs Arlana