Friday, November 15, 2013

Resting Bird

Oh dear, going back thru some blog posts, I discovered I never posted my CAS card for our Sunday challenge over at The Outlawz! Better late than never I guess. Our theme this week is Remembering Our Loved Ones. Since I recently lost my Dad, he was on my mind for this challenge. Dad loved being outside, whether he was tending to his garden, cutting the grass, or shoveling the snow, he was happiest outdoors. One of his "jobs" was filling up the bird feeders. This Doodle Pantry image, Resting Bird, brought back some fond memories. I love the sentiment as I am a bird lover too. My bird feeders hang off my deck, otherwise, the deer were feasting on the seed when I had them in the yard. I look out the window and just admire their beauty and crazy antics. The blue jays will almost come up to the door that goes out to the deck and squawk non-stop, letting me know the feeders are empty and need to be filled. Too funny!
 

3 comments:

Patti P. said...

Hi Linda, sounds just like my Dad as well. He loved everything outside.
Love the elegant simplicity of your design and look forward to using this set.
hugs....

Pat (mspfd) said...

Linda, I just love this card with it's elegant simplicity and colors. Also enjoyed the fond memories you shared about your Dad.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful post and your card is an elegant memorial to your Dad and the great outdoors.
hugs
Glenda